Spinach with chickpeas
Extra virgin olive oil plays a very important role in this dish by bringing flavor and creaminess to the rest of the ingredients.
Simple but super rich, dare to enjoy this popular Spanish dish.
2 Bunches of spinach (may be frozen)
150 Grams of cooked chickpeas (or canned) Olive oil
3 Garlic cloves Bread, (two slices)
1 Teaspoon cumin
1 Teaspoon coriander seeds
Toasted Bread to serve.
Cook chickpeas or use canned chickpeas.
1. Wash spinach, cut and cook for a few minutes. Drain. Can be used frozen.
2. In a saucepan cover the bottom with olive oil ,put it the peeled garlic and bread, fry together
3. Put it in the mortar and crush it all together the cumin, garlic, bread and coriander seeds to form a paste. (The blender can be used).
4. The olive oil has been slowly heated, add the pepper to fry lightly without burning.
5. Add the cooked spinach, peppers, paste (blender), a little vinegar and salt to taste.
6. Cook 10 minutes at medium-low
Serve with toasted bread.
You can serve this dish hot or cold.