Tuna pie is simple, quick and very popular in Spain. It consists of small bites of a dough stuffed with various ingredients which mix into a sea of flavours for your palate.
There are many ways to prepare this pie, but this classic recipe guarantees to be extra tasty!
- 1 package of dumplings (16 wafers)
- 2 tin of tuna
- 1 small onion
- 2 eggs
- 6 spoon full of fried tomato
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Boil some water until boiling and then add the eggs for 10 minutes.
- Let it chill and after a while cut in regular and small pieces and keep them for later.
- Peel and chop the onion into small dices and brown it in a frying pan with a little of extra virgin olive oil.
- Drain the tines of tuna, shred it and add to the pan with the onion. Do the same with the eggs.
- Then add the fried tomato and stir all the ingredients. When all is well-mixed, put it in the strainer to drain all the oil.
- Stuff the wafers with the filling without putting a lot of amount so they can close well and could not open when it fried.
- Press the end of the wafers with a fork to close de pie and to give it the shape of the typical pie.
- At least, fried all the wafers in a high temperature and serve.
We hope you enjoy!