Extra virgin olive oil seasoning with basil aroma . An original way of taking a traditional and healthy food.
Basil is the main ingredient in pesto pasta sauce. To get a perfect dish, sauté the pasta with EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL 900 BASIL.
Add this oil to the pan to give a sophisticated flavor to foods cooked on the grill, whether they are fish or meat. Dress steamed vegetables with a drizzle of EVOO 900 BASIL and accompany other dishes with it at lunch or dinner. A tomato chopped with fresh cheese, walnuts and this oil, is a perfect dinner.
Store in a cool, dry place. Preserve from light and excess heat. Although the ideal container must be opaque to protect it from photo-oxidation, if it is purchased in a transparent container, it is advisable to store it in a kitchen cabinet or storage room, thus maintaining all its properties for many months.
Extra virgin olive oil has a series of highly beneficial components for health. These include monounsaturated fats, oleic acid, flavonoids, polyphenols, antioxidants, and other anti-inflammatory nutrients. There are multiple published studies with the healthy properties of EVOO. As a summary we are going to list some of them:
- Helps lower the risk of coronary heart disease and lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol levels.
- Prevents premature aging and helps hydration of the skin.
- It can help you lose weight due to the feeling of fullness it produces.
- Anti-inflammatory components can help reduce pain associated with joints and muscles.
- In a study published by the scientific journal Diabetes Care it was revealed that any Mediterranean diet that has olive oil is capable of reducing cases of type II diabetes by up to 50%. This is because olive oil contains healthy fats that may help regulate blood sugar levels and insulin production.
Culinary uses and pairing
The recognized health benefits of extra virgin olive oil make it ideal as an accompaniment and topping for any kitchen dish, whether sophisticated or simple. Raw, it is an essential companion to vegetable or pasta salads, breakfasts, soups and cold gazpachos. It grows hot and due to its high density it does not penetrate food as much as other fats, making them healthier and better preserving their properties. Its high content of oleic acid and natural antioxidants make it more stable and resistant to high temperatures. It is ideal for cooking meat, fish, vegetables, pasta and in general any food.
Basil is the main ingredient in pesto pasta sauce. To get a perfect dish, sauté the pasta with BASIL FLAVOR OLIVE OIL.
Add this oil to the pan to give a sophisticated flavor to foods cooked on the grill, whether they are fish or meat. ^ As a suggestion, season steamed vegetables with a drizzle of EVOO 900 BASIL and accompany other dishes with it at lunch or dinner. A tomato chopped with fresh cheese, walnuts and this oil, is a perfect dinner.